Wednesday, May 8, 2013



I can't believe I won this award. It's such an honor. It also surprises me more than a little.It's fun.


1) Who is your hero and why?

I'm not sure I have a specific hero. I have a lot of respect for soldiers, in all branches of the military, firemen, policemen, and EMS first responders. Historically, I would have to say John Adams, Abraham Lincoln, and Ronald Regan.



2) Why did you become an author?

I was born with a disability, cerebral palsy, so I spent a lot of my childhood obsessed with things I couldn't do. Writing helped me deal with that because, in my mind, not only were all things equal, but I could be my own version of a superhero. 




3) Who or what inspires you?

Reading, music, necessity. Audiobooks. Conversation.




4) If you could encourage your fans with one phrase, what would that phrase be?

Do what you love, even if it scares you. 




5) What is your favorite genre to read? Why?

I try not to limit myself to a specific genre. When I was younger, it was sci-fi and fantasy, and Stephen King. Now, the wider my reading range, the more I learn.




6) What is your favorite genre to write? Why?

Again, I try not to limit myself to a specific genre. I think in terms of story. If the story is good, genre may not matter, except in identifying it for other people to stimulate interest.


7) If you could be any superhero for a day who would you want to be and why?

Superman. I want to be able to fly, run really fast, and stand in line for as long as I can without breaking a sweat and getting breathless.




8) Quick: Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Chocolate



9) Quick: Favorite Candy Bar

Snickers



10) You have only ten seconds to save an item in your burning house. What do you take and why?

My wallet, because it proves who I am legally, and my Kindle, because of my book collection.



11) Who is the greatest figure to have ever lived and why?

Jesus Christ. Enough said.



11 Random Facts about Me:

1) I like Star Wars and Star Trek; I actually believe they could    exist in the same universe.

2) I am a Johnny Cash fan; If I had the money, I would buy one of his autographed guitars. 

3) I am a huge Peanuts fan; If I had the money, and could find them all, I would buy the original Schultz sketches that were released on the birth dates of all my siblings, and give the drawings to them as gifts.

4) I love roses and orchids.

5) I think Yoda is the bomb.

6) I won 1st place in a Special Olympics swim meet doing the backstroke when I was in elementary school. 

7) The thing I am looking forward to most when I am a best-selling author is giving a lot of money away to evenagelical ministries.

8) I make jewelry.

9) Animal is my favorite Muppet.

10) I want to be a preacher.

11) My favorite TV show is The Big Bang Theory.


11 Questions

1) Have you read a book that you wish was made into a movie? If so, name it.

2) Who is your favorite character from Friends? Why?

3) Who is your favorite character from The Big Bang Theory? Why?

4) If you could write a TV show about anything, what would it be about?

5) Is there such a thing as an author you wish you liked? 

6) What's your favorite guilty pleasure?

7) Would you ever consider running for public office?

8) What is your favorite genre of music?

9) Do you have a favorite historical figure? Who is it?

10) What is your favorite restaurant?

11) Who is your favorite musician/band?


No comments:

Post a Comment